Last Revised: Last Revised: May 16, 2023
This Privacy Notice describes how we collect, use, share, and protect the personal information you share with us via the following Websites https://www.varilite.com; https://www.msrglobalhealth.com; and any successor or additional websites that we may specify from time to time (individually hereinafter referred to as "Website" and collectively as "Websites"). Personal information collected is used for internal business purposes and to make our Websites available to you and to respond to your inquiries. Cascade neither sells personal information nor intends to sell personal information collected through our Websites (in a business-to-business context).
We may ask you to submit personal information in order for you to benefit from certain features (such as newsletter subscriptions, tips/pointers, or order processing) or to participate in a particular activity. You will be notified of what information is required for us to assist you with your request. We may combine the information you submit with other information we have collected from you, from our resellers and/or International Distributors whether online or offline, including, for example, your order history (if applicable).
If you submit any personal information relating to another individual to us, you represent that you have the authority to do so and to permit us to use the information in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
Unless we specifically request or invite it, we ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive personal information (e.g., Social Security numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or philosophical beliefs, health, sex life or sexual orientation, criminal background, or trade union membership, or biometric or genetic data for the purpose of uniquely identifying an individual) on or through the Websites or otherwise to us.
Automatic information collection and use
We and our service providers may also automatically collect and use information in the following ways:
- Browser. Certain information is collected by most browsers, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Mac), screen resolution, operating system name and version, and Internet browser type and version. We may collect similar information, such as your device type and identifier, if you access our Websites through a mobile device. We use this information to ensure that our Websites are functioning properly.
- IP address. Your IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer by your Internet Service Provider. An IP address is identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user visits our Websites, along with the time of the visit and the pages visited. Collecting IP addresses is standard practice and is done automatically by many online services. We use IP addresses for purposes such as calculating Website usage levels, diagnosing server problems, and administering our Website. We may also derive your approximate location from your IP address; however, we do not use this information to personally identify you.
- Device Information. We may collect information about your device, such as a unique device identifier, to understand how you use our Websites.
- Social Media Platforms. If you access our Websites through a Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or other similar service (“Social Media Platform”), we may have access to the profile information associated with your Social Media Platform account. We may also be able to access information contained in cookies placed on the device used to access and use the applicable Social Media Platform. “Cookies” are text-only pieces of information that a website transfers to an individual's hard drive or other website-browsing equipment for record-keeping purposes. Cookies allow our Websites to remember important information that will make your use of the same more convenient.
How we use and disclose information
We use and disclose information you provide to us as described to you at the point of collection. Please see the section entitled “Choices and Access” below, to learn how you may opt out of certain of our uses and disclosures.
Where required by applicable law, we will obtain your consent to our use of your personal information at the point of information collection. We may also use information from or about you as necessary to perform a contract, to comply with a legal obligation (for example, due to our pharmacovigilance obligations), or for our legitimate business interests. We may also rely on other legal bases, specifically for:
- Website availability and fulfilling your requests. To make our Websites available to you and to provide you with related customer service; to respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, such as to send you documents you request or email alerts. We will engage in these activities to manage our contractual relationship with you and/or to comply with our legal obligations.
- Legitimate business purposes. For data analysis, for example, to improve the efficiency of our Websites; for audits, to verify that our internal processes function as intended and are compliant with legal, regulatory, or contractual requirements; for fraud and security monitoring purposes, for example, to detect and prevent cyberattacks or attempts to commit identity theft; for developing new products and services; for enhancing, improving or modifying our Websites or products and services; for identifying Website usage trends, for example, understanding which parts of our Website are of most interest to users. We will engage in these activities to manage our contractual relationship with you, to comply with a legal obligation, and/or because we have a legitimate business interest.
- Analysis of Personal Information to provide personalized services. c. Analysis of Personal Information to provide personalized services. To better understand your interests and preferences, so that we can personalize our interactions with you and provide you with information and/or offers tailored to your interests; to better understand your preferences. We will provide personalized services either with your consent, in response to your inquiry, or because we have a legitimate business interest.
- Disclosure. We may use and disclose your information as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (i) to comply with legal process or applicable law, which may include laws outside your country of residence; (ii) as permitted by applicable law to respond to requests from public and government authorities, which may include authorities outside your country of residence; (iii) to enforce our terms and conditions; and (iv) to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you, or others. We may also use and disclose your information in other ways, after obtaining your consent to do so. In addition, where allowed by applicable law, we may use and disclose information that is not in personally identifiable form for any purpose. If we combine information that is not in personally identifiable form with information that is identifiable (such as combining your name with your geographical location), we will treat the combined information as personal information as long as it is combined.
Choices and Access
- Marketing.We give you choices regarding our use and disclosure of your personal information for marketing purposes. If you do not want third parties to collect and use your information in this manner you may opt-out at the Digital Advertising Alliance in the United States, the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada in Canada, or the European Digital Advertising Alliance in Europe. You can also contact us via the contact information set forth in the “Contacting Us” section below.
- Consumer Rights.Depending on your jurisdiction you may have certain rights with respect to our use of your personal information. For example, you may be able to review, correct, update, restrict, or delete your personal information, or if you would like to request to receive an electronic copy of your personal information for purposes of transmitting it to another company.
We will seek to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that if you opt out as described above, we will not be able to remove your personal information from the databases of our affiliates with whom we have already shared your information (i.e., as of the date that we implement your opt out request). Please also note that if you opt out of receiving marketing related messages from us, we may still send you important transactional and administrative messages, from which you cannot opt out.
Your personal information may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or service providers, and by using our Websites or by providing consent to us (where required by law), your information may be transferred to countries outside of your country of residence, including to the United States, which may provide for different data protection rules than in your country. Appropriate contractual and other measures are in place to protect personal information when it is transferred to our affiliates or third parties in other countries.
Some non-European Economic Area (EEA) countries are recognized by the European Commission as providing an adequate level of data protection according to EEA standards (the full list of these countries is available here https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection_en.) For transfers from the EEA to countries not considered adequate by the European Commission, we have ensured that adequate measures are in place, including by ensuring that the recipient is bound by EU Standard Contractual Clauses, or an EU-approved code of conduct or certification, to protect your Personal Information. You may obtain a copy of these measures by contacting our data protection officer in accordance with the “Contacting Us” section below.
California Consumer Privacy Act Disclosures
Consumers residing in California are afforded certain additional rights with respect to their personal information under the California Consumer Privacy Act and the California Privacy Rights Act (collectively “CCPA”). If you are a California resident, this section applies to you.
Purposes for Collecting Personal Information.
We collect personal information for the following purposes:
- Perform the services you request, providing customer service, processing or fulfilling orders and transactions, verifying customer information;
- Provide advertisements or marketing materials, or special offers on our behalf or on behalf of our marketing partners;
- Maintain or administer our Websites' performance, business analysis or data analytics, or for other internal purposes to improve the quality of the products or services we offer;
- Detect, investigate, and protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and to protect the rights and property of Cascade and others; and
- Debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
Categories of Personal Information and Categories of Third Party Personal Information (Collected and Disclosed).
We may have collected the following categories of personal information from you within the last twelve (12) months:
CATEGORY EXAMPLES COLLECTED YES/NO Identifiers Name, alias, postal address, online identifier, IP address, email address, account name, driver's license. Yes Categories of person information described in the California Civ. Code Section 1798.80 (e) Name, signature, social security number, address, telephone number, education, employment, employment history, credit card number, financial information, passport number, medical information or driver's license. Please note: some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories. Yes Characteristics of protection classifications Age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, creed, religion, marital status, gender identity, medical conditions, veteran or military status No Commercial information Records of products or services purchased or other purchasing or consumer tendencies. No Biometric Information Genetic, physiological, biological characteristics, or patterns such as fingerprints, faceprints, voiceprints, or other physical characteristics. No Internet/network information Browsing history, information regarding interaction with internet website applications. Yes Geolocation data Precise physical location or movements. No Sensory data Audio, visual, olfactory, or similar information. No Employment related information Information about your current or past employer. Yes Sensitive Personal Information Information that reveals driver's license, passport number, consumer account login, financial account, debit/credit card number in combination with a required security or access code/password allowing access to an Account; and consumer's geolocation. Yes
- Purposes for Collecting Personal Information.
Subject to verification of your identity and other information that we may need to honor your request, all California consumers have the following rights:
- Right to Notice. You have the right to know what categories of personal information are being collected and for what purpose.
- Right of Erasure. You have the right to request deletion of your personal information that you provided us.
- Right to Opt-Out. You have the right to opt-out of the sharing, disclosure and/or sale of your personal information. Please click on the following link to learn how you can exercise your rights: Do not Sell or Share My Personal Information.
- Right to Know With Whom We Sell or Disclose Your Personal Information. You have the right to know with whom we share, sell and/or disclosure your personal information.
- Right Against Consumer Discrimination. You have the right to not be discriminated against as a consumer by: (i) denial of services; (ii) paying more for services; and/or (iii) receiving lesser quality of services.
- Right to Access. You have the right to request access to or copies of the personal information that you provided us.
- Right to correct. You have the right to correct your personal information that you provided us. We will respond to your request within the period of time required by applicable law.
- Right to Restrict or Limit the use of Sensitive personal information. You have the right to restrict the use and disclosure of sensitive information to certain purposes related to the offering of goods and services as set forth in the CCPA. To exercise this right please click the following link: Limit the Use of My Sensitive Personal Information.
Please contact us at the link to exercise your rights: https://support.cascadedesigns.com/s/
PLEASE NOTE: ALL REQUESTS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION OF YOUR IDENTITY. WE WILL RESPOND TO REQUESTS WITHIN THE TIME PERIOD REQUIRED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
Additional California Privacy Disclosures
- California Shine the Light Act. Pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, residents of California have the right to request from a business with whom the California resident has an established business relationship, certain information with respect to the types of personal information the business shares with third parties for direct marketing purposes by such third party and the identities of the third parties with whom the business has shared such information during the immediately preceding calendar year. To request a copy of the information disclosure provided by us pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, contact our customer support team at: https://support.cascadedesigns.com/s/. Please note that under this law, we are not required to respond to your request more than once in a calendar year, nor are we required to respond to any request that is not sent to the designated e-mail or mailing address.
- California Do Not Track Disclosure. Do Not Track is a privacy preference that some users may set in their web browsers. When a user turns on the Do Not Track signal, the browser sends a message to websites requesting them not to track the user. At this time, we do not recognize or respond to Do Not Track browser settings or signals and we will still receive information. As a result, we may still collect information about you and your internet activity, even if you have turned on the Do Not Track signal.
It is possible that some or all of our third-party advertising partners or members of their affiliate network may participate in consumer opt-out programs. To learn more about internet-based advertising and consumer opt-out programs go to http://aboutads.info/choices or http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices.
- California Residents Under Age 18. If you are a resident of California under the age of 18 and a registered user of any of our Websites, you may ask us to remove User Content or data that you have posted to a Website by contacting our customer support center through the following link: https://support.cascadedesigns.com/s/. Please note that your request does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the User Content or data, as, for example, some of your content or data may have been reposted by another user.
No method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. Although we comply with our legal obligations with respect to the security of personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. We use (and require our service providers to maintain) generally accepted standards of organizational, administrative, physical, procedural, and technological measures designed to protect your personal information from improper loss or misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and/or destruction during processing.
We will retain your personal information for as long as needed or permitted in light of the purpose(s) for which it was obtained. The criteria used to determine our retention periods include: (i) the length of time we have an ongoing relationship with you and provide the services to you; (ii) whether there is a legal obligation to which we are subject; and (iii) whether retention is advisable in light of our legal position (such as in regard to applicable statutes of limitations, litigation, or regulatory investigations).
Third Party Sites
This Privacy Notice does not address, and we are not responsible for, the privacy, information, or other practices of any third parties, including any third party operating any site or online service (including, without limitation, any application) that is available through our Websites or to which any of our Websites contain a link. The availability of, or inclusion of a link to, any such site or property on our Website does not imply endorsement of it by us or by our affiliates.
Please contact our Customer Support Center via the following link: https://support.cascadedesigns.com/s/